Flashback Friday: Five days of frolicking

8/28/2015

It's that time again: flashing back to a post from my old blog (for more information, visit the first #FBF post here). This post was written way back in November last year and relates to the few days of holidays I got. So glad this is the last semester of this part of my program :)

Five days of frolicking

When was the last time you had a true break? Where nothing was hanging over your head, nothing looming in the near future, nothing to study, nowhere you needed to be... Many people experience such freedom and relaxation at the end of the year when uni students typically get a 3 month holiday before recommencing in March. Now, I am not a normal uni student. Apparently my degree doesn't grant me this luxury. So here's what I get. Five days. Five days in between a hectic semester 2 and the start of the dreary, the inexorable, the barbarous...summer semester. So I was prepared to make the most of it!

DAY 1
Ezra basics (ASOS) Black shoulder cutout top
Country denim High-rise denim jeans
The Iconic Peep-toe ankle boots
Marc jacobs Rose gold wristwatch
Thailand markets Tan and black bag
Boohoo Black fedora hat

Had a delightful chocolate experience at The Choc Pot in Burwood, Sydney. If you haven't been, you have to check this place out! My friend and I ordered the Once in a Blue Moon crepes (the day's special) and some kind of chocolate fudge brownie (don't remember the exact name).

DAY 2
On Day 2, I was feeling pretty lazy but knew I needed to prepare my wardrobe for the summer. So how happy was I to hear that today was a Thursday and shops would be open til 8? Very. But I was too lazy to go alone so I dragged a friend along and it ended up being quite a productive day. Also I decided to sport some galaxy nails, poorly done this time, but if you'd like a tutorial, comment below and I'll do it again properly :)

DAY 3
Day 3 was a blast. First, I went to Newtown to try those cronuts at Newtown Brewtown that everyone had been talking about. Personally, I didn't have such a great cronut experience. I didn't see the point of it, but that was probably because mine was literally a croissant with nutella on it. But I did enjoy the passionfruit one. Anyway, Newtown had a lot more to offer than just that! There are some other really great places to eat and places to shop.

And to finish the day off, my friend and I headed to The Ivy, Sydney, for a classy afternoon despite being appallingly underdressed :P
Valleygirl Printed crop top
Jay Jays Blue high-waisted shorts
Colette Blue and biege bag 

DAY 4
The Hunger Games day. Let the games begin. Don't have a picture of the outfit but I'm sure I'll wear it again later so I'll blog it then. But in short, it was jungle/tribal themed to fit in with the whole 'fight to the death' theme.

DAY 5
Fun with the cousins day, watching movies which really just turned into singing "I know I'm not the only one" at the top of our lungs, feeling emotions that we didn't even know we had, all the while playing Monopoly Deal (never underestimate the intensity of that game). And that's all. Hope you all have a fantastic summer holiday that's hopefully longer than five days ;)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahh amazing photography! I was so pulled in by that first photo and the rest is absolutely gorgeous as well <3
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, keep in touch! x

    Emily // lyndeavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I'm in the process of saving up for a better camera so hopefully the photos will only improve from here :) Shall do, I just love your blog!

      x

      Delete

Subscribe