The completion of two decades

8/18/2015

What an unbelievable weekend. My expectations were beyond surpassed and now, on the plane back home (second home), the past few days feel like a dream. I want to start off by saying how grateful I am to have some truly amazing and thoughtful people in my life. I don’t know where I’d be without them. In particular, I want to dedicate this post to my sister. She’s been my pillar of support, photographer, punching bag, shoulder to lean on, and most recently, organizer of an incredibly well-executed surprise birthday party.

As soon as it hit 3.50pm last Thursday afternoon, I bolted out of my pharmacology lecture, eager to pack my bags and head out on my 4 legged journey to Sydney. A little too eager, I admit, because I ended up getting to the airport one and a half hours early… When I got to Sydney, I was completely exhausted and went straight to bed, but I was woken up my family for a little midnight cake cutting. In hindsight, I realized they cut this cake so I wouldn’t get suspicious of the surprise the next day.

On the morning of my birthday, my family and I set out to the city for the first time in a very long time. We ate at a Malaysian restaurant in Pitt Street Mall called Chinta Ria. Although I enjoyed the experience of spending time with my family here, this is not a restaurant I would recommend. I thought the customer service was quite poor; the waiters looked like they were waiting for us to leave. And the food was also not great. If you want good Malaysian food, I would definitely recommend Papa Rich!

Onto the fashion for the day (and night), I wore this simple pastel blue cutout dress by Zalora, gifted by my sister, and paired it wedged platforms for comfort on public transport/walking around in the city. The slim Daniel Wellington wristwatch was also gifted by my sister.

   

Zalora Pastel blue cut-out dress
Daniel Wellington Slim brown leather wristwatch
Betts shoes Toni Black platformed wedges

Anyway, unbeknownst to me, we actually had a time restriction for spending time in the city (the surprise was a couple of hours away), so I didn’t get a chance to try those Nutella waffle jars at a Marrickville food truck that I was looking forward to reviewing, or a personalized Kit Kat from Kit Kat studio (I did get free sample size Kit Kats though!) Not to worry, one of my best friends and up and coming food/fitness blogger, over at ‘Trainers and Truffles’, will get to those soon :) But I did get to indulge in this salted caramel cronut from Becasse Bakery.
   

After an evening visit to the temple, I opened the door home to all of my close friends and family screaming SURPRISE. I was shocked. I could not believe that almost everyone in my close friend’s circle could make it, and not only that, my friends here on the Gold Coast knew about it the whole time and kept such a good cover! I was drunk on happiness the whole night. 

I absolutely loved the pastel theme that my sister picked, from the balloons to the finger food and cupcakes. One of my very talented friends made me a red velvet Tim Tam cake. Now if you know me, you would know these are two of my favourite types of chocolate/cake.

The jam-packed weekend continued when a couple of friends slept over on Friday night and the dance practices for my uncle’s 50th birthday surprise party commenced on Saturday afternoon. See this was the main reason I was back in Sydney – to attend and perform at my uncle’s 50th on Sunday. Little did I know… 

On Sunday, I wore the following cultural attire, called a lehenga. I loved the full-sleeve, netted blouse and the vibrant combination of blue, yellow and pink. All of this was bought in India, so I don't have any specifics to share with you about this look.

All in all, my weekend in Sydney was just perfect. It had all the ingredients for a magical birthday – dancing, singing, mucking around, cupcakes and cakes, time with family and friends, and much much more.
I don’t think I could’ve asked for a better way to spend my 20th birthday.

P.S: Sorry these birthday posts are always so long! Feel free to share it, and if you'd like to keep updated, follow me on google plus (see sidebar).

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Honey! you are soooo cute and i love reading about your bday!! Happy belated bday and its soo nice to hear that you are so close to your family and a surprise cake cutting at mid night!! haha how cute! yay to sydney blogger and have an awesome weekend doll!! its going to be a hot one!! xxx Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that is so sweet of you! thank you for checking out my blog :) I'm back on the Gold Coast at the moment but it's getting warmer here too! i hope you're enjoying the weekend too. if you'd like to read more and stay updated, you can follow me on google plus :D
      https://plus.google.com/+RVera95?prsrc=5

      thanks so much

      x

      Delete

Subscribe