August Beauty Favourites

9/01/2015

6 favourite products I've used this past month? Here they are. These are not necessarily new releases but they're just some of my latest must-haves which I've enjoyed wearing over the past month. Particularly, they've composed some of the products I always take with me when I travel back and forth from Sydney.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
This liquid foundation comes with a pump and is easy to use. It's currently my go-to foundation for an event/party, because it has good coverage but doesn't feel cakey. Also, for those with sensitive skin, I would recommend this product because I would say I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any breakouts for me. So yep, this is definitely on my take-back-and-forth-from-Sydney list. A few complaints though: it does start to look oily pretty quickly so blot powder is a must (I use MAC blot powder pressed); it has more of a pinkish brown undertone, which I feel doesn't quite match my yellowish complexion. I do have my eyes on the NARS sheer matte range though, after a recent visit to Mecca, which might just replace this one...

MAC 'Tribalist' Lipstick
One of my favourite colours, but I wouldn't say it's a favourite product. Nevertheless, I take it back and forth for the colour. I was after more of a matte finish, so I often top it off with a bit of lip liner.
AVON 'Neutral' lip liner
Really nice nude shade. While it does match my actual lip colour quite closely, it gives off that matte finish which I quite like.

Essence '05 Soft Berry' lip liner
Oh my goodness. Now this is probably one of my all-time favourites because a) it's super duper cheap ($2 from Priceline!) and b) I absolutely love love love this shade. You can probably tell because I've sharpened the thing down to two-thirds of its original size! Of course being so cheap does have its drawbacks - it can come on flakey, it's not long-lasting and not highly pigmented. Nevertheless, I love this product!

Nivea Essential Care lip balm
This one's just a bare necessity. It's the best lip balm I've tried and is extremely useful for someone who loves sporting lipstick on a day-to-day basis.
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length & Volume Mascara 
Wow long title. Definitely worth it because it gives my lashes such a naturally amplified look. If used in conjunction with essence 'I love extreme' crazy volume mascara (also a great, cheap, buy btw!), they can probably mimic falsies. Complaints: a lot of it comes onto the brush at once so brush it against the sides before you take it out of the bottle.

Please excuse the state of my nails, I'm in the process of peeling off some of the shellac in the shower. Also, since I'm not cool enough to be sponsored by any make-up companies, all of these are my own opinions, so don't worry I'm not trying to make you buy these ;)

Anyway, have a terrific Tuesday and thanks for reading!

P.S: I probably won't be posting so much for the next two weeks because I have exams coming up (If I'm still posting then someone tell me to study). In the meantime, you can follow my instagram for fashion updates: instagram.com/theveravault.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try a high end foundation, but have never been able to get myself to spend the money haha. It's on my wishlist though!

    Emily // Lynde Avenue Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I think if you're going to get anything high end, it should be foundation! Let me know if you need help choosing :)

      Delete

Subscribe