Do you fancy some Tea?

12/10/2015


This Monday, a friend and I set out for High Tea at Sir Stamford Hotel in Circular Quay. And I say set out because it really is a journey to the city when you live in the west *sigh*. Owing to the reasonable pricing of our chosen place ($36 per person), we had relatively low expectations for the place and thus, were astounded when we got there. The hotel had such a classy, regal look, with gold-framed portraits and paintings hanging from a vintage wallpaper. It reminded me somewhat of the interior of the Titanic, as depicted in the film.

While the platters below don’t look like much, when you’re chatting away and enjoying the tea alongside this menu, I assure you it makes you really full. I couldn’t actually finish everything!

High Tea is one thing you want to dress appropriately to. You don’t want to rock up at the hotel above in your sweats that’s for sure. I opted for a black, floral maxi dress from Boohoo and a modest up-do, while Bhiravi chose this high-neck cocktail dress from Ice.

Ice Teal high-neck cocktail dress
Kmart Black heels

    
    

Boohoo Black, floral maxi dress | Similar
Betts shoes Tony black platformed wedges | Similar

As always, thanks for reading you wonderful people. This was part one of my busy Monday. Subscribe to see where else this dress and shoes took me. On that note, more New Zealand posts are coming up soon. In the meantime, be sure to check out this one: Christchurch to Queenstown.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow such a lovely place with lovely decor and that afternoon tea looks delish! You look gorgeous too and your photos are so nice x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do high tea, and need to put that on my to do list! Love both of these dresses!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I want to go to there!!! How lovely!!!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I want to go to there!!! How lovely!!!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I've always wanted to do something like this. the pics look great.

    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely occasion! The price is so reasonable for such a generous high tea - and elegant setting. Both of your outfits are so fitting for the experience - beautiful :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both dresses! Such beautiful colors and designs :)
    High tea is such a fun thing to do. The hotel looks so beautiful and elegant, I definitely agree that it looks like something out of the Titanic. I've always adored that style of architecture and design.
    The food looks amazing :) I love getting small desserts and foods like that, makes eating fun because you can try out different things

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. High Tea is always a great time! That place is gorgeous!

    Makeshift Munch

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe