5 reasons why you should have a minimal closet

1/13/2016

Minimalist fashion has been around since early 20th century and takes many pointers from the ever so prominent 'Modernism' movement of the time. What sprung it into the limelight was not it's ease of execution but its extrinsic simplicity, which was well-received, presumably because it transcended traditional ideologies of art, religious faith, and social organisation.

Now over 100 years later, let me share with you my take on it. Minimalist fashion to me involves greys, whites, blacks, nudes, khaki's and even includes your occasional burgundy or mustard top. It means more basic shirts and jeans or light blue denim outfits. And here's why you should get on it.

1. Neutral tones mean you can go crazy with colour
Having whites, blacks, and light blues in your wardrobe means you can really go for that pink or purple hair you've always wanted. Or maybe that black to blonde ombre. And if you're like me and are obsessed with all the glorious shades of matte lip creams, you don't need to hold back anymore.

2. You can dress it down or up
If you're going to brunch, pair it with nude lips and tan sandals. If it's date night, a nice pair of black heels and a statement necklace should do the trick.

3. There's more things that 'go'
Do you ever have that moment where you want to wear your chic leopard print dress and your favourite floral kimono but can't because you'll drown in the quicksand that is your terrible outfit choice? Well now you don't have to worry. Because your cream coat and light blue jeans 'go' effortlessly.

4. You now have more room (to breathe)
Purged the clothes that are too bright? Too gaudy? More room for other things - books, bags, more minimal clothes.

5. It looks damn fine 
I mean come on?

The images immediately above were taken from Google Images from various sites. If you own any of these and would like me to credit you personally, message me and I would be more than happy to do so.

Oh and belated happy new year to you all.

x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. It's quite fascinating to learn how art can influence the fashion world as well. I'm learning about Modernism in my art history class and tbh I'm not too fond of it. I do like the concepts and ideas around it. But I really love minimalistic styles because of how simple they are and how the focus is more on the clothes itself than the prints and colors.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is hey, although, I would consider fashion a form of art too don't you think? I see it as a means of expressing yourself. And yeah I agree. The prints and colours are nice but it's good to go back to the basics sometimes ;) Thanks for sharing your personal experience Andrea! Take care.

      x

      Delete
  2. Love this! I definitely need to take some advice from this. I just feel like I get stuck in the trap of only ever wearing black!!

    Alexandra | www.alyspace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to clear out my closet, I have so many clothes in there that I don't wear! Love the neutral examples at the bottom, I have a tendency to stick with black myself so will definitely have to introduce a few more neutrals!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a minimalistic closet! I don't think I can always pull it off, but it is so stylish and chic. Definitely a look to strive for.

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definition of #goals - but I'm way too much of a magpie to manage to contain my wardrobe! x Rebecca - itscohen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post about how minimal closets can actually be beneficial. <3
    Lots of love,
    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe