Exploring Dunedin

2/27/2016

I haven’t made a blog post in what feels like decades (but really is a month or so) because I’ve officially started my medical degree. And, I have to say, I’m quite enjoying it. It’s a refreshing change from all the cramming and irrelevant lectures of undergrad. That being said, it doesn’t leave much time for blogging. But I’ve definitely missed it. So I’m back with another New Zealand throwback.

Dunedin is a large city off the east coast of South Island, with many great attractions to offer. I only had a few hours to spare in this wonderful city but I made sure to visit a few of these great places:
·      Chinese Gardens
·      Settlers Museum
·      Baldwin Street – the world’s steepest residential street
·      Larnach Castle
·      Botanic Gardens
·      Cadbury World
We also stopped by the friendly town of Lawrence on the way from Queenstown. 

Doesn't this give you 'Hunger Games' vibes? (Shot in Lawrence)
Inside the Settler's Museum

They had a local fashion exhibition, showcasing olden day style, and it was interesting to see how resonant these are in current day. Some of these trench coats, for instance, are resurfacing at the moment.
The world's steepest residential street! (This photo does not do it justice)

Dotti Deep red cut-out top | Similar
ASOS A-line denim skirt | Similar
TheIconic Adidas Originals ZX Flux | Similar

Just an update about future blog posts – unfortunately, I’ve left my baby camera back in Sydney (I know, I suffer from separation anxiety every day) and haven’t been able to do any recent shoots. But as soon as I’m reunited with it, I’ll be showing you my uni wardrobe, particularly my more ‘professional’ attire, which I’m super excited about.

Also, I’ve made a few new beauty purchases which I will be reviewing soon, so stay tuned for that.

Thanks for reading, you kind humans.


x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. What a fun adventure! And I love your red top. The shoulder cutouts are on point.

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in med school! I think you will do great! :)
    I knew I love fashion from older decades for a reason. It's so cool how it cycles like that.
    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful town.. i want to sit outside the prospector and eat... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe