2 ways to dress Indie

4/20/2016



Recently, a friend of mine turned the big two-one and threw the most gorgeous birthday gathering in a park, overlooking the water, with coloured cushions and purple picnic mats laid out between the trees. It was such a refreshing change from the other, more formal 21st’s I’d been to. Girls were told to wear something “indie/hipster” and guys something “bright and lovely” (e.g. Hawaiian t-shirts) and I couldn’t help but have a ‘Hallelujah’ moment – I had recently bought two floral crowns for a Jungle Party (check it out here).

Coincidentally, I realise this blog post comes at the right time, with Coachella having just passed; and while festival style is not the focus of this post, it does have similar ‘Indie’ elements.

Here are two looks to inspire you for your next Indie/Hipster vibe party.

I call this look the 'Arabian Princess'
OUTFIT DETAILS
Headpiece: Lovisa 
Top: Dotti
Skirt: Flemington markets

I guess we could call this 'ruby roses' ;)
OUTFIT DETAILS
Flower crown: Dollar shop
Co-ord: Boohoo 
Watch: Sonata

This post is dedicated to my amazing roommates. Thanks for putting up with my blogging, beauty and fashion-obsessed antics, and my daily craziness around the house.


Creative director: Yours truly
Photographers: Sharmi and myself

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is beautiful ruchi! keep up the amazing work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with headpieces! I love the floral one! Gorgeous <3
    have an amazing week my love!

    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the head piece ! :*

    http://itsafashionista.blogspot.in/2016/04/ootd-gangaur-puja-my-engagement-lehenga.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look beautiful! Love the looks :D

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe