Liebster Award

4/30/2016


“What is this Liebster Award you speak of?” 
Well, Liebster is a German word that literally translates to ‘dearest’, so this award is given by bloggers to other bloggers whose blogs they enjoy reading. Shout out to the beautiful Andrea Tiffany for nominating my blog! (Dollar for every time I said 'blog' in that paragraph $$$)

Each nominated blogger must answer 11 questions set by the nominator, and then nominate a few more blogs to answer 11 questions that they set. I hope that made sense.

 Without any further adieu, here are my answers to Andrea’s quirky questions.

1. Name the one food you cannot live without and HAVE to eat every week
I know Andrea was looking for something more juicy (no pun intended) when she made this question, but I’m gonna have to say cereal. I love my weetbix and I don’t think I can go without it for a week.

2. Are you more of a coffee or tea person? 
I'm more of a 'hot chocolate' person!

3. What is/are your favorite(s) Netflix show to binge-watch? 
To be honest, I don’t watch too much Netflix. The shows I do try to keep up with though are Quantico, Orphan Black, Jane the Virgin, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and New Girl.

4. What is the craziest/wildest thing you have ever done? 
I jumped out of an airplane last year over Lake Taupo, New Zealand. [picture]

5. If you had the opportunity to travel and vacation anywhere with all expenses paid, where would you go and who would you go with?
I’d do a Europe trip with my P-pals (they know who they are).

6. If you got lucky enough to get your blog featured in a magazine, which would it be and why? If not a magazine, what about through social media by anyone? Who would it be? 
This is a hard question. I thought about having my blog promoted by huge fashion names like Vogue or Elle, but realistically speaking, I don’t think my blog has much to offer them. I think I’d rather be featured on Buzzfeed because its audience is more similar to mine, and as a whole, Buzzfeed content is more relatable to the average person than Vogue.

7. How far ahead in the future do you see yourself as a blogger?
Since I am studying full-time and have several other commitments, I try to stay in the present. Blogging is my hobby; it’s my creative outlet. Whether or not my career in medicine allows for it in the future is not up to me, but I’ll take each opportunity as it comes.

8. Name the top 3 songs you most listen to currently.
Exchange – Bryson Tiller
Drunk – Zayn
Say it – Flume

9. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Vera is actually my last name, not my first name, as most people think. I wanted my blog to involve my name but not in an outright way, so I chose ‘Vera’. I then chose ‘Vault’ mainly because of the alliteration, but also because my blog is a little vault containing my fashion and beauty adventures, that until recently has stayed pretty private from people I’m not close to in real life.

10. Do you see yourself more as someone who uses their left brain or right brain more? 
Scientifically speaking, there’s been no evidence to suggest dominance of either hemisphere as leading to traits such as rationality and logic, over intuition and creativity. However, I did take this fun little test and I am more ‘left-sided’ so to speak - http://braintest.sommer-sommer.com/en/

11. Of all your blogposts, which one is your favorite, and why?
None of the posts really stand out as my favourite but I personally like the ones that have a positive impact on others. For instance, one of my friends was quite inspired by my ‘5 reasons why you should have a minimal closet’ post and changed up her wardrobe. My ‘Halloween Makeup Tutorial’ was also quite a popular one, that has inspired a few people I know to try out that look, and has been recognized by some brands, such as Cotton On and Clarria Cosmetics, which was really exciting for me.

And here are my blog nominations:
Carina - http://www.carinavardie.com/ 
Alina - http://www.beautywithcharm.com/ 
Danielle - http://www.daniellesbeautyblog1.blogspot.com.au/ 
Nita - http://www.beingnita.com/ 
Kayla - http://www.kaylasvibrations.com/
Kimmy - http://lifestruetreasures.blogspot.com.au/

Instructions for nominees:
1. Thank the person who nominated you (me) and link back to my blog
2. Answer my 11 funky questions (down below)
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs and set 11 questions of your own choosing for them to answer

Questions for nominees:
1. List all the places you've travelled to. What's your favourite one and why?
2. What do you do when you're not blogging?
3. What are your absolute makeup essentials?
4. Why did you decide to start a blog?
5. Tell us an embarrassing story!
6. What's your favourite cuisine?
7. What does a regular day look like to you?
8. What are the most used apps on your phone?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve/s?
10. What are the qualities you most love about yourself? #loveyourself
11. What is your favourite quote and why?

Hope you guys have fun answering them; I look forward to reading your answers!

Everyone else who is reading this and has made it this far, you're a champion.

x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. thanks for nominating me gorgeous! What are you going to school for? Medicine? I'm also obsessed with bryson tiller - exchange!

    Enjoy your weekend, lovely!
    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! :) Yeah I'm studying medicine atm. Right? Love that song!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, I am loving Quantico too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering the questions! I really enjoyed reading it :) I love watching New Girl as well, and I recently started up on Jane the Virgin. It's a really good show! I can't believe you jumped out of an airplane! That sounds so exhilarating! I like what you said about Buzzfeed. It can be so addicting to scroll through the articles. It's definitely more relatable and a fun read.
    I hope you have a great day!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe