An Amalgam of Things

9/08/2016

I'll be honest. I'm out of touch with blogging. There's been so much going on in my life, I haven't had a spare second to think about where I'm headed. Lately, that's been weighing on my mind a lot. I feel like since hitting the big TWO-ONE last month, I've been overwhelmed with an amalgam of emotions, from new friendships to inescapable hardships. We're always searching for meaning in our lives, and I've both found it and lost it over the last month. It's a strange place 21. It's like the intersection of your youth and adulthood; the junction between responsibility and recklessness.

Where do we go from here?


Sorry for the deep intro into this post. It was kind of a spontaneous outpouring of sentiments and epiphanies.

I haven't done much 'fashion' blogging these days. In fact, I've gained a strong interest in makeup and beauty (along with a surge in makeup products and a corresponding decline in moolah). I don't know if you know but I have a YouTube channel now. While it's only carrying two videos at the moment, I love the idea of the potential for more. Obviously, managing a written blog, a YouTube channel, and countless other extra-curricular activities, on top of my medical studies, is not easy, and often, things are neglected (*cough* this blog). So while I can't promise anything, keep an eye out for more videos and posts regarding my beauty interests! 


** Photos and travel tips to come on this blog and on my channel. **

On that note, getting involved in organisations and acting on my creative potential (pun intended), have helped form some of my greatest memories this year. I cannot recommend enough for you to get out there and pursue your passions, and be part of something outside your comfort zone. Sure, it tires you out, but everything you do adds that little bit of dimension to your character. You learn from each experience, even if it's just a small role in a small committee at school or university. 

Here is a random compilation of photos I've taken recently. I didn't want them to go to waste :P
 
LOCATION: Natural Bridge (Sprinbrook National Park, Gold Coast)
City Beach Sunglasses
Lovisa Dolphin choker
Tommy Hilfiger Turquoise tee
Kmart Black hoodie 
LOCATION: Surfer's Paradise, Gold Coast
Boohoo Nude brown trench coat
Here are a few shots of my annual Medical School Ball makeup/outfit. It was held at Warner Bros. Movie World! How cool is that? For those of you who don't know, Movie World is a theme park in Gold Coast.
Boohoo Dress
Lovisa Jewellery

Thanks for reading this kind of haphazard blog post! Hope you all have a lovely day x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe