ABH 'Sun Dipped' Glow Kit Review

10/02/2016


Before I owned a highlighter, I never cared for highlighting in my makeup routine; I would just use my concealer or my Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush-on Glow BB if I really felt like a glow, and that too, only on my brow bone. I could never understand why beauty bloggers or makeup junkies were so obsessed with it. Until I made this impulse buy at Sephora one day. I think it cost me around $72, but seeing as a) makeup is hella expensive in Australia and b) Becca's single shade 'Champagne Pop' cost $68 alone, I justified my purchase in my head. And now, I absolutely love this kit.


Packaging:
It comes in this cute shiny packaging, which just makes me glow from within whenever I look at it. The lid is magnetic, but it also has a slip on cover to ensure it doesn't just pop open (especially during travel). The 4 shades are magnetically attached to their base and are removable. This means when you hit pan in one shade, you can replace the one shade instead of having to buy a whole new kit, or buy a different shade from another ABH kit to mix it up. 

Contents:
4 beautiful shades (7.4g each) starting from top left to bottom left (clockwise):
- Bronzed: burnt orangey shade
- Summer: yellowy white highlight
- Moonstone: slightly more pale white
- Tourmaline: pinkish highlight 
Bronzed is a beautiful shade but I am yet to find a look that it works with - every time I've used it on myself, it's looked a little random because it contrasts with the highlight under my eyes. I did use it on a friend with darker complexion than mine and it looked amazing.
Summer and moonstone are a little similar - I guess this is pretty much a double shade, but it's also the best regular highlight for any skin tone so it's useful there's more of this shade.
Tourmaline - perfect for a cool-toned look!

(Sorry for the terrible swatches and my very prominent veins)

Quality:
It's great! It's so finely milled that it doesn't cling to hairs, pores or dry patches on your face. It's also quite pigmented but I wouldn't say it's as strong/intense as other popular highlighters, such as Mary Lou-Manizer and Champagne Pop. You can definitely build it up though. The two brushes (tapered highlight brush in purple, and fan brush in black) in the first picture do a great job with application.

Overall:
This is a limited edition palette though and I don't know if they're selling it here in Australia anymore. But it should still be available online. Overall, this is a really versatile palette, and I feel like you can get more out of this than a single shade highlight, so I personally love it. Let me know what you think about it and what your favourite highlighters are :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe