Christchurch to Queenstown
12/05/2015For the last week and a bit, I was road tripping across the breathtakingly picturesque New Zealand, beginning first in South Island before finishing up at North Island. In hindsight, I was shocked at myself for not having visited this beautiful land earlier, being as close as it is to Australia. It’s truly a hidden treasure and makes Australia look barren in comparison. Everywhere you drive in New Zealand is a desktop wallpaper with great, snow-tipped mountains looming over empty, winding roads or bright blue waters. And you could almost taste the freshness of the air.
When we landed in Christchurch airport, we
were greeted with sheep sound effects and terminal walls painted with sheep
grazing on hills. It kind of smelt like sheep too. We realised we were
officially in NZ then, because trust me, there are sheep everywhere. Literally
everywhere.
New Zealand lies over two tectonic plates
and it’s because of the motion and deformation between these plates that such
unique geology exists in NZ, giving rise to mountain ranges, volcanoes and
earthquakes. Christchurch was affected by an earthquake four years ago and much
of the city is slowly being rebuilt. We were able to see a few buildings that
were kept in ruins as a testament to the town’s resilience.


You’ll notice many of my outfits in NZ follow a neutral theme. There are many similar tops and shades due to my love for browns, khaki, and basic whites these days (much to my mother’s dismay).


Dotti: Purple roll
neck top | Similar
H&M: Black
leggings
Below are a few pictures of the incredible
scenery we saw on our road trip from Christchurch to Queenstown. We stopped by
at Lake Tekapo (pictures towards the end) and were left in awe by its shimmering turquoise waters. Heads
up: these photos will not do it justice. This water is so pure that you can
drink it straight from the stream (my dad actually filled a bottle and drank
it). We also stopped at a few other places, equally as mesmerising.
Thanks for reading! Keep posted on upcoming NZ travel posts by subscribing (sidebar).









8 comments
I really wanna go to New Zealand. The pictures are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing gorgeous <3
ReplyDeleteHave an amazing weekend
Lots of love,
Kayla <3 Xx
www.kaylasvibrations.blogspot.com
Yes! I would definitely recommend. Thanks for reading!
Deletex
wow the pictures are amazing. NZ is def on my bucket list. one day, until then I can live vicariously through your pics.
ReplyDeletehttp://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/
Aww thank you! NZ is quite a unique place, definitely worth a visit :)
DeleteHow beautiful! I live in the desert, so beautiful green hills and water make me jealous. Thank you for sharing this happy view into this beautiful landscape :)
ReplyDeleteNice photos! You look gorgeous btw :)
ReplyDeleteARedLip&Love
nyc clickz
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos, the view looks so peaceful and beautiful. I hope to be able to visit someday. I remember reading about New Zealand in this one book called The Thorn Birds and when I read that it smelled like sheep, it reminded me of that book!
ReplyDeleteby the way, thanks for visiting my blog, I just followed you!
have a wonderful day!
~Andrea Tiffany~
http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com